Start Building Green
For pollution reduction, health, & resource efficiency
Green Building Info. According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, “Green building is the practice of creating structures and using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient throughout a building’s life-cycle from site planning to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation and deconstruction.”
This practice expands and complements the classical building design concerns of economy, utility, durability, and comfort. “Green building is also known as a sustainable or high performance building.” More basic information on green building is available at EPA’s Green Building Website
Inner Space Systems is committed to environmental responsibility and is working with its suppliers to keep this commitment.
Organized Living green products:
- Use 100% recycled steel in all wire products.
- Recycle 100% of steel scrap – average 36 tons per month.
- Use an epoxy powder coating on all wire products instead of paint or vinyl, which contains no solvents and releases negligible amounts of VOCs into the atmosphere.
- Recycle and reuse any overspray from epoxy powder coating, therefore eliminating waste commonly found with liquid finishing.
- Use melamine made from 100% recycled material as a fiber source and 93% from sustainable forests.
- Maintain formaldehyde emissions below 0.20 ppm.
- Meets environmental certification from the Composite Panel Association. An environmentally preferred product has a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment when compared to other products and services that serve the same purpose.
- Meets Environmentally Preferable product specification.
- Use managed forests to supply the oak that makes up the real wood veneer.
- Rated E1, the highest European standard for the least amount of off-gasing during production.
Scrap reduction and waste management
- Recycle all defective steel shelves from the weld line or the coating process through a local salvage company.
- Recycle all brass, copper and aluminum scrap from our machine shop through a local salvage company.
- Recycle all corrugated materials in a roll-off container at one of the docks installed specifically for this purpose.
- Recycle water that cools the compressor room by also using it in the finishing lines for rinsing.
- Invest in a waste grinder in 2008 plans to create a marketable product.
- Purchased equipment that holds tighter tolerances to help reduce scrap and includes software that optimizes the yield out of raw board to further reduce scrap.
- Invested in other equipment that improved technologies and allows for tighter tolerances across the board.
- Monitor scrap daily in each department. Employees are monitored on an individual basis and reviewed to make sure that scrap stays at a minimum.
- Recycle wood pallets.
- Donate discontinued product to charitable organizations; it is not discarded.
- Inner Space Systems recycles all of our paper, aluminum and acceptable plastic products in a special container located at our office.
- Wooden pallets are given to the public or taken to the community waste site.
Send us your questions or comments online today or call our office at (757) 487-1101 (Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk or Virginia Beach, Hampton, Newport News, Yorktown and Poquoson).
Garage Storage and Organizing Products
Medicine Cabinets & Decorative Bath Cabinets
Commercial Washroom Accessories
[+][-]Welcome to Inner Space Systems
As leader and innovator in the storage industry with over forty years of experience in the closet design and storage industry, Inner Space Systems provides the best possible products and services for one of the most important investments you'll ever make – your home. We spend all the time necessary to custom design the type of storage system you need to fit your lifestyle, from closet systems to garage spaces, and everything in between.
Inner Space Systems has a storage solution for every budget; from a ventilated closet shelf system by Organized Living, to an adjustable system – freedomRail® by Organized Living, to a fully integrated laminate shelf system by ORG. Our experience and knowledge of the industry is our customer's advantage. To control quality, we fabricate our closet, pantry, garage and other storage systems in our warehouse.